Where it is located?
Zu San Li, so named the “point of longevity,” as well as the “point of a hundred diseases” by respected Chinese acupuncturist Wang Leting, is a pressure point located just below the patella (kneecap) and between the two bones of the lower leg (see illustration).
You can locate this point by taking the palm of your hand and placing it over your kneecap as you sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you, heels to the floor and toes curling back towards the body. The point is located between the little finger and ring finger. You should note a small dent beneath the kneecap and between the bones—this is the miracle pressure point, Zu San Li.
This one spot can control the flow of energy to myriad bodily parts, and many disorders can be treated via stimulation of Zu San Li alone (or in conjunction with other pressure points).
How does it work?
Acupuncture is performed by inserting very thin needles into the skin at certain points on the body. There are hundreds of pressure points located in various places all over the body, with 12 larger meridians along which the points lie. Each meridian is associated with a certain bodily system, and each pressure point has specific organs or other body parts associated with it. Acupuncture is now used for a long list of conditions, including respiratory diseases, disorders of the mouth cavity, orthopedic disorders, gastrointestinal disorders and neurological disorders.
What is this point in our body responsible for and why do the Japanese call it?
- It controls the work of the organs that are located in the lower half of the body
- It controls the work of the spinal cord in the parts that are responsible for the proper functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, digestion tract, genital organs, kidneys, adrenal glands.
- By massaging the Zu San Li point you can increase the activity of the adrenal glands, the most powerful glands that act as the main defender of human health.
- They excrete adrenaline, hydrocortisone and other important hormones into the blood.
- If you massage “the point of longevity” every day, you can normalize the work of the adrenal glands, which perform the following functions in the organism: Normalization of the blood pressure, Normalization of the glucose, the insulin, Elimination of the inflammatory processes in the organism, Regulation of the immune system
- Also, by massaging the Zu San Li point, you can: Improve digestion, heal diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, Treat the effects of a stroke
- The massaging of this point will help you to increase your confidence, eliminate the stress and tension and find inner harmony.
- By massaging this point, you can cure many diseases, including hiccups, constipation, gastritis, incontinence.
How can you affect the “point of longevity”?
- It is better to massage the Zu San Li point in the morning, before lunch, 9 times in a circular motion in a clockwise direction on each leg (9 times on one and nine times on the other leg). You should do this for 10 minutes.
- Before the beginning of the massage you should take a comfortable, relaxed position (sitting). Calm the breathing and concentrate yourselves on your feelings. Place yourselves in a state of harmony and understanding that you are beginning the healing process. This massage has a stimulating effect.
- You can massage the point with your fingers or with any grain (buckwheat, oats, rice, etc …).
- Also, you can stick to this point a half of a garlic clove and leave it on for 1-2 hours (until the skin turns red).
- The massaging of the Zu San Li point in the evening is suitable for weight loss – they say, 400 to 500 grams per week. But do not massage it directly before bedtime, because you can cause insomnia.
- You can massage the Zu San Li point every day, but the best effect is achieved during the New Moon.
- Eight days after the start of the New Moon, be sure to massage this point in the morning, alternately on each leg in the clockwise direction. This is the best time for a massage in order to strengthen the immunity, improve the work of all organs and slow the aging process.
- Before lunch, alternately on each leg, in the clockwise direction, in order to improve the overall tone, the memory, the work of the cardiovascular system and the digestive system.
- After lunch, simultaneously on both legs – against stress, nervousness and irritability, against headaches and sleep disorders.
- In the evening, massage it in the counterclockwise direction, alternately on each leg, in order to improve the metabolism and help the weight loss.