Quick and Easy Chicken Burritos These burritos are very easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time, refrigerated or frozen for months! I made a batch and put it in the freezer for my husband for work. You can also use leftover chicken, I actually had half a rotisserie chicken left over so I shredded it combined it with the cheese, cilantro and avocados and wrapped them up. Burritos are such a fantastic way to have meals on hand and they can be prepared in minutes.
4 burrito sized tortillas (corn tortillas for gluten-free), warmed
1 pound cooked chicken, sliced or shredded
1 large avocado, diced
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cup salsa Verde
1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large fry pan. Add crushed garlic and chicken strips. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sliced onions, capsicum, diced tomatoes and spices. Cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas according to directions on packet.
- Add peeled and diced avocado to chicken mixture.
- Divide mixture into equal portions. Spoon mixture onto each burrito. Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Serve burritos while warm with a dollop of reduced fat yoghurt.
Option: Use cilantro lime grilled chicken or tequila lime grilled chicken instead of plain chicken.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 519, Fat 24g (Saturated 8.8g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 93mg, Sodium 771mg, Carbs 37.2g (Fiber 6g, Sugars 2.5g), Protein 40g